Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Welcome to Dumaguete!

 
I arrived in Dumaguete today.  I am especially excited about being here in Dumaguete because this is the city where my mother and father went to college and also because I have relatives here (My lola, titas, titos, cousins).  We were greeted at the harbor (traveled via boat to Dumaguete) by the students of Silliman University.  We will be doing a partnership of service learning through Silliman University so we met the students who would mentor us. 

 We got to the hotel and the first thing I did was call my Tita Coying to let her know that I had arrived.  My Tita Coying is my mother’s sister.  Her and my Tito Ric came to the hotel to pick me up.  They took me out for some Halo Halo with my cousin Christine.  It has been sooooo long since I have last seen my family in the Philippines.  The last time that I was in the Philippines was when I was 6 years old.  So you could imagine how long ago that was.
In the evening we had a welcoming dinner at the hotel where we were joined by professors from Silliman University.  
 
After dinner, my cousin Myles and Christine picked me up to go out.  It was so nice to bond with my cousins, it has been way too long since I have last seen them.

No comments:

Post a Comment