Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting Started

Today was our first day of training at the Mindanao Peacebuilding Institute.  We split up into our separate classes and got acquainted with our classmates.  The main focus for my class is to study conflicts in multi-religious societies and to learn how to build peace within these societies.  I am surrounded with some of the most respectable people I have ever met.  Everyone from this program has interesting background.  I am training with the Mayor of Kotabata City, a Philippine Marine Lieutenant, two pastors (one from Pakistan and one from the Philippines), a reverend from Nigeria, and many many other interesting people from all over.  I am interested to learn about these people and to hear their stories because I can just feel that everyone has interesting things to share.  Here is my class! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment