Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CULTURE CULTURE EVERYWHERE!


 


I have met and gotten close to so many people!  Remember those Pakistani and Afghani people I mentioned the first day I arrived and how I was nervous to approach them because the U.S’s relationship with their country wasn’t good?  That issue did not stand in the way at all.  Tamim, Raheel, and Aneel are wonderful people and in this past week I have gotten very close to them.  We discussed controversial topics and I have learned so much about the “other side”.  What I found to be so amazing is that even though our country’s relationships are not stable, that didn’t affect OUR relationship….we acknowledged each other’s differences, respected each other, and kept an open mind!  They are simply amazing people.


The past two nights we had country presentations where everyone performed dances and shared about their country.  I performed a Hula!  These are the participants from East Timor.

No comments:

Post a Comment