Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I’m earning nine credits to do this?

The morning started early as we departed for Bais, the next town over, to dolphin watch.  We took about an 1 boat ride out to sea to look for dolphins.  We were so lucky that they decided to reveal themselves to us.  It was an amazing site to see, there were hundreds of dolphins that surround our boat!  I would have jumped in and swam with them if it was allowed.  Seeing them made me appreciate the beauty of the ocean even more.  We spent our lunch at a sandbar. Lunch consisted of yummy fish, rice, mango, bbq pork, and beer.  What a great combination. I ate and jumped right into the warm water.  We relaxed at the sandbar the rest of the day then headed back in to head to a fiesta.  A fiesta is a party that Catholics celebrate. Each town has a saint, and on the saint’s birthday they have a big celebration that lasts all day.  People open up their houses and cook food and anyone is allowed to come in, even if you don’t know them.  People just go from house to house of people they don’t know eating, drinking, and celebrating!  There was SOOO much food and people at the house that we went to. They kept feeding and feedings us, my gosh! On our drive back to the hotel we saw a few men passed out on the side of the street.  They probably had too much food and alcohol. It was funny.  My cousin picked me up in the evening and we had dinner at my other Tita’s house.  Family time= the best!





No comments:

Post a Comment